PRO BONO WEEK 2017
Celebrate national Pro Bono Week with the CMBA and The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland Oct. 22-28. Pro Bono Week was an initiative created to respond to the increasing need for pro bono services nationwide and to celebrate the services of attorneys who volunteer to meet this unprecedented need. Pro Bono Week is intended to increase pro bono participation, expand legal services to low income individuals and groups, and showcase the efforts of volunteers who donate their time and efforts yearlong.
Here are some highlights of Pro Bono Week 2017:
- Monday, Oct. 23: Lawyer to Lawyer Give Back for Justice - A networking and information event about giving back and promoting access to justice. (Sponsored by The Supreme Court of Ohio in collaboration with the CMBA - contact the CMBA for details.)
- *Tuesday, Oct. 24: "VLA Bootcamp" - Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts presentation at the Cleveland Public Theatre on commonly-encountered legal issues for artists, plus guidance for the volunteer attorneys helping them. Attorneys receive 1.5-hr. CLE free for volunteering: click here to register. Artists should RSVP to email@example.com.
- *Thursday, Oct. 26: Reach Out: Legal Assistance for Nonprofits Educational Seminar and Brief Advice Clinic: "Risk(y) Business: Nonprofit Risk Management 101" - Legal issues in risk management and insurance. Free to the public and to volunteers! To register, attorneys click here; nonprofits click here. (Sponsored by the CMBA, NEOACC, and the Federal Bar, Northern District of Ohio Chapter)
- +Friday, Oct. 27: Pro Se and Pro Se "Plus" Divorce Clinics - Staffed by volunteers from the CMBA Family Law Section and held at the Cuyahoga County Courthouse (Sponsored by Legal Aid and the CMBA)
- *Saturday, Oct. 28: Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation’s 16th Annual Run for Justice at Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica, in support of the CMBA's Pro Bono and Community programs such as The 3Rs, mock trial, and homeless legal assistance (Sponsored by the CMBA and CMBF)
For more Pro Bono Week events sponsored by the CMBA and Legal Aid, click here.
Contact Jessica Paine at firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign up or for more information.
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: Need legal help?
To attend events marked *, please contact Jessica Paine at email@example.com. Events marked + are by appointment only - call Legal Aid at (888) 817-3777. All other events open only to attorneys and other legal professionals.