PRO BONO WEEK 2018
Celebrate national Pro Bono Week with the CMBA and The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland Oct. 21-27, 2018. Pro Bono Week was an initiative created to respond to the increasing need for pro bono services nationwide and to celebrate the services of attorneys who volunteer to meet this unprecedented need. Pro Bono Week is intended to increase pro bono participation, expand legal services to low income individuals and groups, and showcase the efforts of volunteers who donate their time and efforts yearlong.
Click here for a full calendar, or see below for highlights of Pro Bono Week 2018:
- Monday, Oct. 22: Lawyer to Lawyer Give Back for Justice - A networking and information event about giving back and promoting access to justice. (Sponsored by The Supreme Court of Ohio in collaboration with the CMBA - program participants can RSVP here, or contact the CMBA for details.)
CLICK HERE for remarks by Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor honoring extraordinary mentors from 2017-18.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23: "Cell Phones, Choppers, Counselors & the Courts – Modern Search & Seizure Issues" - 1.5-hr. CLE FREE for 3Rs volunteers, register here.
- *Thursday, Oct. 25: Reach Out: Legal Assistance for Nonprofits Educational Seminar and Brief Advice Clinic: "What a Novel Idea! Intellectual Property Overview for Nonprofits” with the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. Free to the public and to volunteers! Nonprofits click here to register; attorneys click here. (Sponsored by the CMBA, NEOACC, and the Federal Bar, Northern District of Ohio Chapter)
- +Friday, Oct. 26: Pro Se and Pro Se "Plus" Divorce Clinics - Staffed by volunteers from the CMBA Family Law Section and held at the Cuyahoga County Courthouse (Sponsored by Legal Aid, the Cleveland Law Library, and the CMBA)
- *Saturday, Oct. 27: Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation’s 17th Annual Run for Justice at Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica, in support of the CMBA's Pro Bono and Community programs such as The 3Rs, mock trial, and homeless legal assistance (Sponsored by the CMBA and CMBF)
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: Need legal help?
To attend events marked *, please contact Jessica Paine at email@example.com. Events marked + are by appointment only - call Legal Aid at (888) 817-3777. All other events open only to attorneys and other legal professionals.