Reach Out Legal Assistance For Non-Profits
Building Connections with the Nonprofit Community
We provide important education on legal topics for nonprofit leaders, as well as training for attorneys looking to serve and advise those nonprofits that are making a difference in our community. Through a partnership with the Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio Chapter, Reach Out coordinates regularly-scheduled seminars and brief advice clinics free to the public, with free CLE credit for volunteers.
Reach Out Live: Got burning questions? We’ve got answers!
With the advance of COVID-19, Reach Out changed from in-person events to online webinars through Reach Out Live. Reach Out events are always FREE for members of the public, with free CLE credits for volunteer attorneys. Reach Out Live is open to all nonprofit leaders, attorneys, and board members, and allows all viewers the opportunity to engage in Q&A with our panelists. To join our mailing list and receive notification of when registration for the next Reach Out Live seminar is open, contact Jessica Paine, Director of Community Programs.
- Click here for video of the April 7, 2020 Reach Out Live session on general nonprofit issues during COVID-19 (featuring Alex Campbell of Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP, Jennifer Lesny Fleming of Matasar Jacobs LLC, Justin Stevenson of Bower Stevenson LLC, and Jaclyn Vary of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP)
- Click here for video of the May 5, 2020 Reach Out Live session on employment matters and an update on annual report extensions (featuring Todd Palmer of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, Russell Rendall of Brennan, Manna & Diamond, and moderators Alex Campbell and Jaclyn Vary)
- Click here for video of the June 2, 2020 Reach Out Live discussion on nonprofit communications to boards, staff, volunteers, and the public (featuring Jason Weiner of the Cleveland Foundation, Nora Jacobs of Hennes Communications, and Valerie Schumacher and LeAundra Richardson of Arts Cleveland)
- Click here for video of the Sept. 29, 2020 Reach Out Live webinar “Back to School: COVID Issues for Nonprofits as Employees Return to Work and Kids Learn from Home" (featuring Jason Dejelo of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, Peter Mapley of Sobel, Wade & Mapley, LLC, Danielle Sobel of Teach for America & President of the Junior League of Cleveland, and moderator Alex Campbell of Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP.
- Click here for video of the Oct. 27, 2020 Reach Out Live webinar “Political Activism, Lobbying, and Free Speech for Nonprofits” in partnership with the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (featuring panelists Alex Campbell of Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP, Michael Bowen of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, Andrew Geronimo of Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and moderator and VLA past Chair Jaclyn Vary of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP)
- Click here for video of the Nov. 17, 2020 Reach Out Live webinar "Charities, Compliance and COVID: The Ohio Attorney General’s Office Reports” with guest speaker Beth Short, who handles outreach and education for the Ohio Attorney General's Charitable Law Section, and moderator Jaclyn Vary of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLC
- Click here for video of the April 13, 2021 Reach Out Live webinar "The Legal Ins and Outs of Nonprofit Formation" with guest speakers Alex Campbell of Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP and David Holmes of CANDID