CAP|Paralegals: Join Now
3 Memberships: 1 Low Price!
The CMBA offers a joint membership with the Cleveland Association of Paralegals (CAP). Through this agreement, paralegals enjoy TRIPLE membership for one rate: CMBA, CAP and the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
CAP’s fiscal and membership year runs from July 1 of each year and expires on June 30 of the following year. Membership dues are not prorated throughout the year. Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
CAP Board 2020-21
President: Jessica Kubiak
Vice President: Tabitha Livengood
Director of Operations & Communications: Tiffany Lubahn
Director of Membership: Becky Kerstetter
Secretary& Parliamentarian: Jill Sustar
Treasurer: Jennifer Sybyl
CAP Membership Types
Have questions on where you fit in? Call the CMBA at (216) 696-3525 today.
Voting Member ($115)
- Must have received a degree with paralegal studies component; or
- Has a minimum of three years experience as a practicing paralegal; and
- Currently employed performing 51% paralegal work
Associate Member ($95)
- Graduate of paralegal program but not currently eligible to be voting member; or
- Former voting member who does not meet requirements of a practicing paralegal; or
- Is an Allied Legal Professional paralegal manager who does not meet the requirements of a practicing paralegal, or
- Is an Allied Legal Professional
- Currently enrolled in accredited paralegal training program and attending either part-time or full-time, courses in paralegal studies at an institutionally accredited school
- An individual at an educational institution interested in supporting CAP
Sustaining ($220) (including Vendor Membership)
- An individual at a corporation, organization or firm interested in supporting CAP
When you analyze the full value of membership, it is easy to see why CAP-CMBA membership is an essential part of your profession.
- Promote and expand the paralegal profession
- Network with other paralegal professionals, locally, nationally and through CAP’s social networking opportunities and opportunities through the CMBA
- Attend events like Lunch n' Learns and Board Meetings
- Paralegal mentoring opportunities abound
- Leadership opportunities through positions within CAP
- Access to CAP’s + CMBA's website and Job Board
- Opportunity for NFPA PACE and PCC Test scholarships
- Supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion in our profession
- Shared commitment to give back to Greater Cleveland through pro bono and community programs funded through the CMBA
- Plus all of the benefits of Classic CMBA Membership!
- NewsCAPsule, CAP's monthly newsletter (available for CAP members only, you will need to login to CAP's site to view)
- CAP Calendar of Events
- CAP Committees & Coordinators