Ohio Notary Services
Ohio Notary Services, LLC is a unique, joint venture by the Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Toledo and the Ohio State bar associations to help you meet all your notary education and testing requirements under the new law. We bring extensive notary expertise and experience, statewide reach and unmatched convenience. Become an Ohio Notary!
LOCATED IN OHIO.
OHIOANS ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
The ONLY entity selected to provide the education and training to be a traditional Ohio Notary Public and an Ohio Online Notary Public.
This is your one-stop shop for meeting the education and testing requirements to earn or renew your traditional notary commission and become authorized as an online notary public in Ohio, plus you can order your supplies online too! No need to go anywhere else.
To Earn or Renew Your Traditional Notary
Complete all your required training and testing online. You can renew existing commissions with us up to 90 days in advance. If you miss your expiration date, the law requires you to start over as a new notary!
To Become an Online Notary
Ohio law allows for the online notarization of documents by authorized online notaries public. Save yourself, your company and those seeking to have something notarized time and money with this new designation.
Ohio Notary Services is the Ohio Secretary of State’s sole authorized provider for training and testing to become an online notary.
New Notary Law Checklist
- Obtain a formal Bureau of Criminal Investigation records check (BCI) current within six months of application. Visit https://bit.ly/2kH0pfn for information on obtaining the records check. If the records check does not contain disqualifying offenses, then the applicant may proceed to the next step. Use BCI Code: 147.22
- Visit www.becomeanohionotary.com. to create an account.
- Watch the online video and take the test (if required.) Upon verifying successful completion of both Ohio Notary Services will provide you with a certificate for submission to the Secretary of State.
- Visit https://www.sos.state.oh.us/notary/#gref and select File Online to create an account and submit your application.
- Return to www.becomeanohionotary.com when you receive your notary commission to purchase all of your notary supplies. Now, free standard shipping on all notary bundles! (Use the code “FREE”)
Visit www.becomeanohionotary.com to get started.
Newly commissioned? New expiration date? Need a replacement stamp or journal? Ohio Notary Services is your source for notary supplies too. Access our store from www.becomeanohionotary.com or directly via www.ohionotarystore.com.