Association Board Nominations 2021
Are You Ready to Answer the Call to Lead?
By regulation, the CMBA annually invites any and all Members of the Association to submit their recommendations or self-nominations for future volunteer leadership positions. For the upcoming 2021-2022 Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2021, the CMBA is accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Vice President: Serving one year as Vice President before advancing for one year to President-Elect, and then serving one year as President (July 1, 2023 - June 30,2024).
- Director: Six (6) CMBA Members to each serve one, three-year term as a member of the Board of Directors (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2024)
The primary consideration by which all candidates for an open position will be evaluated is a demonstrated history of service to the CMBA through engagement with and/or leadership of the CMBA’s Sections, Committees and/or CLE programs. In addition, our ideal CMBA officers and Directors will:
- be committed to the CMBA’s mission and goals
- work collaboratively with others
- offer adaptability, creativity, innovation and vision
- have a passion for the legal profession
- be open to considering different/new points of view
- have earned the respect of peers
- be energetic, responsive and follow-through
- have time to devote to the CMBA and a willingness to make the CMBA a priority commitment
- represent diverse life experiences, backgrounds, experiences
All nominations are due by 5:00pm on Monday, March 1, 2021, and should be sent to:
CMBA Nominating Committee, c/o Chief Executive, Becky Ruppert McMahon
By Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on what it means to be a Director, click below for an informative packet.
Sandra M. Kelly, Ray Robinson Law Co., LPA
Sheryl King Benford, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Hon. J. Phillip Calabrese, US District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Ian N. Friedman, Friedman & Nemecek, LLC
Gregory G. Guice, Reminger Co., L.P.A.
Michael P. Harvey, Michael P. Harvey Co., L.P.A.
David M. Paris, Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy Co., L.P.A.
Beth Ann Schenz, Huntington National Bank Legal Dept.
Margaret W. Wong, Margaret W. Wong & Associates Co., L.P.A.