Business law involves laws governing contracts, sales, commercial paper, business entities, purchases, employment, and other disputes pertaining to the formation, operation, and termination of a business.
If you are seeking tax advice regarding a business entity, please refer to the area of tax law.
The following list represents the subject matter panels established by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) for Business Law. Some subject matter panels may not have lawyers participating under them. In this case, LRS has not found successful attorney applicants who qualify for a particular subject matter. LRS is not permitted to add attorneys who do not meet LRS standards. LRS will still maintain these panels in the event attorneys who do qualify for the subject matter will be available to represent members of the public in the future.
All of the subject matter panels listed in the area of Business Law are preceded by the designation BUS. The areas are listed below and are located in a drop down box on the “Get a Referral” form.
- BUS: Appeals
- BUS: Business Opportunity Buyer’s Protection
- BUS: Collections (Defense)
- BUS: Collections (Plaintiff)
- BUS: Contracts/Agreements
- BUS: Corporations (For Profit)
- BUS: Corporations (Not For Profit)
- BUS: Employment (For Employers)
- BUS: Entertainment/Sports
- BUS: Franchise Purchase
- BUS: International
- BUS: Litigation
- BUS: Partnerships/Other Entities