Law School Subcommittee
The Law School Subcommittee includes staff and students from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, and The University of Akron. Every year the schools present mental health and substance abuse-related programming.
Programs and initiatives that one or more law schools have provided recently include:
- Panel discussions on several topics: impact of mental health and substance abuse on the legal profession, including law students; prevention, detection, and treatment resources for students; connection between finances and debt and mental health and substance abuse;
- Wellness fairs to promote mental and physical health, provide healthy food, and offer neck massages;
- Promotion of treatment and support resources via websites, email, and refrigerator magnets;
- Substance abuse seminars required for students taking the Ohio bar;
- Meals and receptions to provide fun opportunities for interaction and to build community among students, staff, and faculty; and
- Exam relief/study breaks with food during exam period.