Green+ Certification Criteria
A.) PAPER REDUCTION -- a commitment to 4 of the following 5 to reduce per capita paper use:
- Purchase office paper with at least an average of 50% recycled content.
- Use double-sided copying and printing, at least for drafts and internal documents
- Recycle discarded office paper
- Purchasing office paper only from paper manufacturers with sustainable forestry management practices (For a list of this type of paper manufacturers, visit the American Forest & Paper Association).
- Use electronic documents instead of paper (e.g.: for pre-bills)
B.) ENERGY REDUCTION -- Document compliance with one of the three options below. Documentation can be emailed to Tasha Johnson.
- Submit documentation of a 10% reduction in per capita energy use from a baseline year designated by the applicant and commit to track energy usage for the two year certification p eriod to document a continuing downward trend in per capita energy use each year. (Click here for suggestions on how to reduce energy usage).
- Submit documentation that your firm/office is a recipient of a NOACA Commuter Choice Award for excellence in promoting green commuting to/from work. The award must have been received in the past 12-15 months and does not include honorable mention recognition by NOACA.
- Submit documentation of your participation in the U.S. EPA Green Power Partnership Program for documented use of alternative energy for commercial buildings.
C.) RECYCLING PROGRAM -- Must have or form a firm/office program for recycling glass, plastic, e-waste products (toner cartridges, computers, etc.) and other items. (For a list of recyclable materials, visit the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District.)
Apply for Green+ Certification
D.) INTERNAL GREEN COMMITTEE -- Must have or form a firm/office Green Committee or designated administrator to implement the program, interface with CMBA, and generally encourage environmentally-responsible practices among staff.