Building Connections with the Nonprofit Community
We provide important education on legal topics for nonprofit leaders, as well as training for attorneys looking to serve and advise those nonprofits that are making a difference in our community. Through a partnership with the Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Ohio and the Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio Chapter, Reach Out coordinates quarterly seminars and brief advice clinics free to the public, with free CLE credit for volunteers.
Our 2017 Calendar
- March 30 - "So You Want to Start a Nonprofit? Here's What You Need to Know" - Legal issues in nonprofit formation, with speakers Steven W. Day of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP and David Holmes of The Foundation Center (in partnership with the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts). NONPROFITS register by clicking here, ATTORNEYS register by clicking here.
- May 11 - "It's Not an Event or Fundraiser Until Legal Gets Invited" - Legal issues in planning events and fundraising
- August 24 - "The Perks + Pitfalls of Being a Nonprofit Employer" - Legal issues in employment
- October 26 - "Risk(y) Business: Nonprofit Risk Management 101" - Legal issues in risk management and insurance
Email Jessica Paine
to be added to our mailing list to be notified when registration is open for upcoming seminars.
Nonprofit leaders are encouraged to attend each FREE seminar and participate in the brief advice clinics that follow. Attorneys will receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit for attendance at the educational seminar, which is free with participation in the clinic to follow.
All seminars are held at the CMBA offices at 1375 East Ninth Street, Floor 2, Cleveland, Ohio 44114. The seminars on March 30, May 11, and Aug. 24 will be held on the following schedule:
4:00-4:30 p.m. Registration
4:30-6:00 p.m. Topic Discussion (1.5 hr. CLE credit)
6:15-7:15 p.m. Consultations/Brief Advice Clinic
The October 26 seminar will be held on the following schedule:
- 7:30-8:00 a.m. Registration
- 8:00-9:30 a.m. Topic Discussion (1.5 hr. CLE credit)
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. Consultations/Brief Advice Clinic
for the 2017 Reach Out brochure, or here
for a flyer of the next seminar on March 30.