CMBA membership means having a sense of belonging that comes with tangible and intangible benefits for your career, profession and community. Beyond the top 10 reasons for joining, members have access to a wide variety of benefits and services that can assist you in your legal practice. Make sure you fully utilize the many benefits available by the CMBA and through our partnerships with local/national companies. See below for more details on your benefits through Preferred Elite, Elite and Discount Providers. If you have membership questions, please contact the Membership Department at 216-696-3525.
CMBA SERVICES | PREFERRED ELITE PROVIDERS | ELITE PROVIDERS | MVP DISCOUNT PARTNERS
Not yet a member, click here to learn about joining or contact the CMBA.
If you have questions about the CMBA or its benefits, email the Membership Department or call us at 216-696-3525.
Build important relationships with practitioners in your area of practice and the legal community. Gain referrals and other opportunities through membership in one or more of the CMBA’s sections and committees, and by attending Bar social functions.
Members receive discounts on all CLE programs, including expanded online CLE programming through the Ohio Metropolitan Bar Association Consortium (OMBAC), resulting in a savings of up to $120 per year!
Community Service Opportunities
The Bar's Justice for All Committee provides manifold opportunities for members to give back to our community.
Legal Research via Fastcase
CMBA attorney members have free and unlimited access to the case law database for the Ohio Supreme and Appellate Courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court, and nationwide statutes and regulations. Fastcase is the fastest growing legal research tool in the world and has a retail value of $800!
Lawyer Referral Service Discount
LRS serves as a bridge between the public and the legal community by referring individuals who need assistance to an attorney. Members may join LRS at a significantly discounted rate.
CMBA Insurance Program
The CMBA Insurance Program was designed specifically to provide CMBA members with access to a comprehensive suite of insurance and risk management solutions through an exclusive partnership with the Oswald Companies.
The soon-to-launch CMBA Online Job Board provides CMBA members with exclusive access to a professionally managed and nationally recognized resource to manage an online resume, review available positions, post job openings and search for qualified candidates.
Coming in summer 2012, this great new tool will help members connect with one another to ask questions, share opinions and discuss important issues and topics specifically related to their areas of practice/expertise. These unique communities are ONLY available to Section members.
CMBA Conference Center Space
Located in the heart of downtown, CMBA conference rooms are available for free to members, and the classrooms and board room are available at discounted rates. Contact the CMBA at 216-696-3525 to check availability.
Free to members, the Clubs program is designed for members to socialize and just enjoy all Cleveland has to offer.
CLE Metro Bar Briefs (daily email)
Delivered every day to keep members abreast of CMBA news, events, benefits, and more. It also provides members access to legal news being reported statewide and nationally.
Members get a free subscription to the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal and discounts on purchasing the the CMBA Legal Directory, offering a pictorial attorney roster, court listings, directory of legal services and more.
Members may place free classified ads in Bar Journal up to 25 words. Longer ads are available to members at a rate of $1 per additional word.
|Ethics Inquiry Service
The Ethics Hotline is a free member service that includes research of ethics opinions for your own prospective conduct.
Preferred Elite Provider
All Covered - IT services
All Covered Inc. a Division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA Inc., offers CMBA members discounts on computer network consulting and on Application and Internet Service Provider agreements. All Covered provides a wide range of services, including IT monitoring and management, consulting and support, as well as custom web development, design and hosting. Our development team has extensive experience with various types of software development. Whether you need a new website or a full application we can help.
Toshiba Business Solutions - print management
At Toshiba Business Solutions, we’re moving far beyond the box. Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions to all your print management needs.
Along with TVs, laptops and tablets; Toshiba also offers MFPs, printers, fax/scanners and software solutions that will help you cut costs, secure your documents and reduce your environmental footprint. And if there’s one thing every business and our planet can use right now, it’s managing to do more with less.
Partnering with leading software companies, Toshiba can determine how documents are used in your organization and develop long-term improvement strategies that help you capture, manage, deliver and secure your documents. For all of your document management needs please contact Marc Schiano, 216-525-8389, Marc.email@example.com, 7850 Hub Parkway Cleveland, OH 44125. (*Please inquire for special discounts that are available for CMBA members.)
Oswald Companies - insurance
Headquartered in Cleveland where it was founded in 1893, Oswald Companies is among the nation’s largest independent, employee owned insurance brokerage firms. Our expert advisor teams work collaboratively to provide customized products and expert counsel to meet insurance and financial needs of clients, while contributing to their long-term growth. Take advantage of its newly developed insurance products discounted exlusively for CMBA members, including Professional Liability, Group and Individual Medical Plans, Disability, Life, Bonding/Surety, and other offerings. All insurance offerings are provided through the CMBA Insurance Agency Inc. in partnership with the Oswald Companies. For more information on any of the programs, contact Carmen Edgehouse Jr. at 216-367-8787.
SoundCom Systems - audio/visual solutions
An expert in designing, installing and maintaining audio and video systems for the legal community, SoundCom has nearly 40 years of experience and expertise in: audio conferencing, video conferencing, board rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, auditoriums, room control systems, sound masking systems, paging, and digital signage. Plus, CMBA members get a 5-10% discount* on services, positively impacting your bottom line. Please contact Paul Jay Mitnick, at SoundCom Systems, (440) 234-2604, to discuss your needs. (*Discount based on scope/size of the project)
MVP Discount Providers
The Member Value Proposition (MVP) discount program serves to further enhance the CMBA membership benefits through meaningful discounts at more than 40 local merchants and service providers. CMBA members leverage their savings by showing a current CMBA membership card.
Partners noted with OR have been added or updated in the last month.
Show your card and save. If you do not have your membership card, please contact the CMBA to request one.
- Airport Fast Park and Park Place ($7/day with discounted rates and other rewards with the Relax for Rewards Program) - New dual facility card now works at both Airport Fast Park and Park Place, giving you an easy way to save money on travel expense. Members receive the Lowest Rate Available for COVERED and UNCOVERED Parking at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Current members do not need to re-apply because their card has been automatically updated. Program benefits include: earn free parking (8 days = 1 free day); 24-hour shuttles; pick up/drop off at your car; secured facility; guaranteed parking; assistance with dead batteries, lock outs, flat tires, etc. at no charge; online access for receipts & free day certificates; and free bottled water and newspaper!
- All Covered (discounts on computer network consulting, and on Application and Internet Service Provider agreements) -- All Covered Inc. a Division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA Inc., offers CMBA members discounts on computer network consulting and on Application and Internet Service Provider agreements. All Covered provides a wide range of services, including IT monitoring and management, consulting and support, as well as custom web development, design and hosting. Our development team has extensive experience with various types of software development. Whether you need a new website or a full application we can help.. (Preferred Elite Provider)
- CyberPro, LLC (discount for both website design and website hosting) -- offers complete website design, website hosting, online marketing and management. CMBA members save 20% off any website design package and $5 a month off the basic hosting package. For additional questions, contact Adam Bossin at 216-973-0869.
- Duncan LLC (save 20% off your monthly bill for life) -- offers Cloud Solutions to reduce your IT burden! Founded in 2007 duncanllc provides secure, compliant and universally accessible desktops. With Duncan's Cloud Solutions, all third party legal software and applications are supported, so bring your own license(s) or use ours. duncanllc charges for use of its IT solutions on a recurring month-to-month basis, allowing customers to add and remove functionality, and expand or reduce consumption as required. Brad Lipinski, JD, is our subject matter expert (SME) handling legal technology practice management solutions. Brad's number is (440) 376-7029.
- E-Typist, Inc. (10% off your monthly bill when paying by check) -- located in Northeast Ohio, provides a reliable, secure and quality transcription service with consistent on-time (next-day) turnaround at affordable prices (starting at just 1 cent per word) for solo, mid-size and large firms; all services performed in the U.S. by typists with law office experience, qualified in legal transcription. No set up fees or minimums, and free credit account with your registration. Dial-in dictation, FTP transfer, or Dropbox. Your finished documents emailed to you. (*Registration through the e-typist.com website is required. Under Other Comments, TYPE: CMBA MEMBER.) For questions, call Vivian Saxe at 330-688-0384.).
- Great Lakes Computer Corporation (exclusive offer includes first month free for signed 12-month Small Practice Network Support Package agreement; offer also applies to Managed Print Services) -- For more than 30 years we have provided quality IT support to legal professionals in the Cleveland area. Based in Avon, our highly skilled technicians and consultants deliver the critical computer repair and maintenance support and networking advice needed to maintain the IT systems of a busy legal practice. Our Small Practice Network Support Package is specifically designed and priced for the smaller legal practice, providing CMBA discounted management and maintenance for all aspects of the computer technology their businesses depend upon. Additional offers available to CMBA members, but not exclusively, include: Free Risk Assessment, Free Print Cost Analysis, and the First hour free for computer repair and maintenance service, including printer repair.
- HKM Direct Market Communications (30% off manufacturing/retail pricing [does not include postage or freight]) -- A full-service commercial printer, including fulfillment and direct mail.
- Oswald Companies (insurance program benefits) -- CMBA members are provided with a wide range of insurance programs for group policies of two or more employees, including professional liability, life, health, dental, disability and surety bonds through the CMBA Insurance Agency Inc. in partnership with the Oswald Companies. Currently, the program benefits do not include individual coverage discounts. However, Oswald Companies can assist with that and you should contact them for more details. For more information on any of the programs, contact Carmen Edgehouse Jr. at 216-367-8787. (Elite Provider)
- Proforma one2one solutions (20% discount on all print and promotional products and services and a 10% discount on all e-commerce, web and social media solutions) -- is your visual marketing partner. With more than 25 years of experience in direct mail, graphic design, custom print, promotional products, multimedia and e-solutions, web and social media expertise. We help you successfully, creatively, profitably and efficiently promote and market your product, services, company and employees.
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland (18% off deluxe rooms; 21% off of club level rooms; 23% off of executive suites) -- the only Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four Diamond Hotel in downtown Cleveland and the only hotel in Ohio on Travel & Leisure's 500 Best Hotels. CMBA members can contact an Executive Reservations Coordinator by dialing: (216) 623-1515 or (800) 241-3333 and mention the Cleveland Metro Bar Association rate.
- Ruby® Receptionists (5% off base price for monthly plans) -- Ruby makes stellar impressions and sets your practice apart - at a fraction of the cost of an on-site receptionist. You may not always be able to answer your own calls, and the value of a missed call can be enormous. A great solution for solo and small firms, Ruby's virtual receptionist team will: screen, announce and transfer calls, take messages, place outgoing calls, and more. Plus, CMBA members enjoy special pricing: free 14-day trial, free setup, and a 5% discount off the base price of all monthly plans.
- Shred-it (20% discount off our purge and automatic services) -- specializes in providing a tailored document destruction service that allows businesses to comply with legislation and ensure that the client, employee and confidential business information is kept secure at all times. Shred-it provides the most secure and efficient confidential information destruction service in the industry. Show your CMBA card or reference CMBA when calling for discount. Contact Ms. Shawn Martin for more information at (440) 243-8500.
- SoundCom Systems (5-10% discount on audio visual solutions; discount based on scope/size of the project) -- experts in designing, installing and maintaining audio and video systems for the legal community. Areas of expertise include the following: Audio Conferencing, Video Conferencing, Boardrooms, Conference Rooms, Training Rooms, Auditoriums, Room Control Systems, Sound Masking systems, Paging, and Digital Signage. Please contact Paul Jay Mitnick at SoundCom Systems at (440) 234-2604 to discuss your needs. (Elite Provider)
- Studiothink (25%-30% discounts available) -- would like to extend marketing services programs exclusively to members of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association at pricing reflecting a discount of 25% - 30% for offered services and programs. Whether just starting out, reinvigorating an established practice or looking to augment internal marketing departments in larger firms – we want to extend our services at a cost for which it would be impossible to hire the required staff and talent internally – and have dedicated personnel focused on strategic and creative communications efforts. Visit studiothink.net or contact Christine Lobas at 216.574.9533 with any questions or to get started.
- Toshiba Business Solutions (special discounts available) -- brings innovative, real-world solutions to all your print management needs. Along with TVs, laptops and tablets; Toshiba also offers MFPs, printers, fax/scanners and software solutions that will help you cut costs, secure your documents and reduce your environmental footprint. And if there’s one thing every business and our planet can use right now, it’s managing to do more with less.
Partnering with leading software companies, Toshiba can determine how documents are used in your organization and develop long-term improvement strategies that help you capture, manage, deliver and secure your documents. For all of your document management needs please contact Marc Schiano, 216-525-8389, Marc.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dining - access to discounts at well-known restaurants on all sides of town (including discounts via "The Deck" to some Cleveland Independents restaurants)
- Café Sausalito (10% at lunch and 15% at dinner for food and nonalcoholic beverages) -- inside the Galleria, it has consistently exceeded the expectations of thousands of discriminating diners with its contemporary, yet sophisticated décor which compliments the innovative and creative, chef-inspired menu.
- Corky & Lenny's (10% off dine-in or carry-out) -- a deli-restaurant of more than 52 years. Its popularity stems from its specialization in corned beef, pickles, rye bread, homemade cheesecake, and much more
- Flour Restaurant (10% off lunch parties of 7 or less, 15% off lunch parties of 8 or more)-- Inspired by the simplicity of Italian Cuisine, Chef Paul Minnillo and Chef Matt Mytro offer rustic Italian food at their new culinary venture in Cleveland, Ohio. Flour offers imported cheeses, fresh homemade pastas, neopolitan wood-fired pizzas and Italian specialities. Flour seeks the freshest locally raised and homegrown products harvested at their seasonal peak.
- La Strada (15% off meals for up to 2 people, excluded alcoholic beverages) -- a Mediterranean bistro on Cleveland's vibrant E. 4th Street inspired by Italian, Turkish, Moroccan, Spanish and Greek kitchens. It's more than a meal; it's a destination.
- The Nauti Mermaid (10% off food and/or alcohol. Dine in only.) -- A Key West/Caribbean style restaurant and bar located in downtown Cleveland on West 6th Street.
- Nighttown (15% off meals, excluding private parties) 12387 Cedar Road, Cleveland Hts., 216-976-0550 or email@example.com
- The Stone Oven (10% off your entire order. Galleria location only) -- A bakery café with a homemade flair! The Stone Oven offers freshly baked bread, sandwiches, salads, homemade soups, pastries & premium coffee & espresso.
- Cleveland Play House (save $10 off main stage performances; no blackout dates or seating locations; not valid for prior sales or combined with other discounts; only valid on single tickets.) Cleveland Play House is the first professional theater in the U.S. It produces theater that is contemporary in style and substance. USE DISCOUNT CODE: 10org. Click here for more information on Cleveland Play House.
- Great Lakes Theater (save $10 off each "A" level ticket that you purchase. Use promo code: LAW.) Cleveland's classic theater company.
- House of Blues Foundation Room (CMBA Platinum Membership) -- an exclusive member-only club for professional and personal entertaining. The Foundation Room offers world-class dining and service, private meeting spaces, networking opportunities, exclusive access to premier music events, member events, and additional benefits beyond your home club. Whether you are here to close an important deal, catch up with old friends, or to make new ones, we are the foundation for great things. CMBA Members have an exclusive opportunity to purchase Foundation Room Membership at a discounted rate under the CMBA Platinum Membership. To learn more about the discounts and benefits, please contact Nicole Giglio at 216-274-3329 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she can walk you through the membership details and the application process.
- PlayhouseSquare (10-50% discounts through the Corporate Exclusive Online Ticketing Discount System) -- this CEO program is designed to give you the exclusive convenience of purchasing show tickets online and at a special discount at the second largest Performing Arts Center in the United States. Purchase tickets with the promotion code SHOWTIX.
- Fitworks Fitness Centers (50% off start-up enrollment and processing fees) -- a full-service fitness center with 8 area locations offering group exercise classes, spinning, cardio cinema rooms, well-equipped free weight areas, weight machines and lots of cardiovascular machines.
- Gordon Dental Care ($20 off any Dental Savings Membership) - located in Beachwood. The Dental Savings Membership includes 2 cleaning & exam visits per year with x-rays and a 25% discount on dental restorative and surgical treatment. The membership runs for a year from the date of purchase. Contact Paul Gordon for more details at (216) 464-1180 in Beachwood or (216) 696-1441 in downtown Cleveland.
- Marengo Luxury Spa (10% discount on all individual spa services. Offer excludes hair services. No additional discount on spa packages. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.) -- the only full-service luxury spa in downtown Cleveland. With a phenomenally talented staff, the superior level of service combined with the luxurious setting provides guests with the ultimate pampering from the minute they enter until the time they leave.
- The Personal Wealth Management Group - USB Financial Services (10% off our annual asset management fee when you contact Nick Alexander at 216-736-3618 or email Nick) -- The legal profession’s sought after team for wealth management advice and guidance. We understand that the financial life cycle of a legal professional is unlike any other, offering both long-anticipated rewards and fresh challenges. That’s why our business is built on a single mission: to provide attorneys and their families with comprehensive investment and financial strategies individually tailored to their long-term goals and life values. The Personal Wealth Management Group is a Cleveland-based wealth management team, and a part of UBS Financial Services Inc., a global financial service firm. At The Personal Management Group we deliver personalized advice and service for an asset based fee in lieu of commissions and transaction costs. This advisory based program is billed annually to each individual client as a percentage of their assets under management at UBS. Our typical fee is between 1.25% and 2%. The MVP discount would be applied to this quoted fee each year.
- Titans Gym (save 50% or more with a rate of $30 per month and no sign-up fees, no processing fees. Or choose a paid-in-full membership for $300 per year instead of the normal rate of $600) -- Downtown Cleveland's only 24-hour fitness center offers state-of-the-art equipment, personal training and group fitness classes like boot camp, yoga, spinning and zumba. It also includes an on-site tanning salon with six beds.
- Avon Cleaners (10% discount on laundry and/or dry cleaning services at: Cleveland and Bay Village locations*) -- "Cleaners to the Stars" Laundry & dry cleaning services for individuals, companies, hotels, etc. *Not valid for household items, repairs & alterations, suedes & leathers. Not available for pick-up and delivery services. Not valid at Chardon location (319 Water St.).
- Feren Gift Baskets & Wine (save 15% for online or phone orders) -- loves "Wowing" your clients, family and friends with fabulous fruit & gift baskets. From one to a hundred or more, Feren makes each one special. Our gift baskets include the freshest fruit, fine wines, specialty beers, gourmet and fancy foods, decadent pastries, fresh flowers, steak & salmon, too! We'll also customize for your particular needs, including Cleveland and Ohio gourmet goodies, fine wine or beers and more. We ship Nationwide! Same day delivery in Cleveland Metro zip codes Mon-Fri for orders received by 11 a.m. For online orders use Promo Code CMBA-15 on the last page in our comments section of our website www.ferengifts.com. Your discount will be given and confirmed in an email receipt. Tell us the Promo Code when placing phone orders. Taxes and shipping charges not included.
- Gtail (exclusive pricing on new, name brand products) -- Group Powered Retail provides access to member-only discounts on new, brand name products. Register today and check out the current deals and then stay tuned for more details and savings as they are added.
- GiftTree.com (15% off gift baskets, flowers, and gifts) -- an online gift basket and gift company with a large assortment of gourmet gift baskets, wine baskets, flowers, personalized gifts and more. Click for details of CMBA-exclusive discount. (Use the code MDAY13 to save $10 off $50 for Mother's Day)
- Huston's Shoe Shine ($2.00 discount to all CMBA members) - Shoe shines, handbag shines, dye jobs of any color shoes. Huston's Shoe Shine, located on the lower level of the Galleria (downstairs from the CMBA toward East 12th), offers more than 30 years of experience in working on various types of leather and suede. Open M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mar-Lou Shoes (20% off any regular priced item from stock and additional 10% off any sale item) -- Since 1958, women's and men's high quality footwear in all sizes and widths.
- Montrose Auto Group (various discounts on sales, service, parts and more [click for full details of VIP Preferred customer card]) -- An auto group with 14 franchises and 14 locations, CMBA members can save on new vehicles based on invoice (excludes specialty vehicles), save on used vehicles over 85,000 miles at purchase. Members will also enjoy other benefits like unliminted powertrain warranty, 15% off parts & labor, special pricing on oil changes and other maintenance items. Member must use the Montrose-issued VIP card to get the discount.
- Motorcars Tire & Service Center (10% off parts and labor, plus free alignment check, shuttle service to and from work, car wash and 34-point safety inspection with service; use discount code D10) -- Located in the heart of downtown Cleveland at 1815 St. Clair Ave., it specializes in conveniences and money saving services. With a free shuttle to and from work, extended work hours, complimentary car wash and a 34-point inspection performed on every vehicle, we have become a very popular spot for everybody that lives or works downtown! Featuring a state of the art 24,000 sq. ft. service facility, it’s stocked with technologically advanced equipment and a staff that comprises of decades of experience across Asian, European, German and Domestic vehicle lines. (More details)
- Personal Touch Dry Cleaning/Laundry Delivery Service (10% off our already low prices, excluding laundered shirts) -- Serving the Greater Cleveland and Cuyahoga County areas, Personal Touch takes the stress out of going to the dry cleaner for your laundry needs. We save you time and money with our convenient pickup and delivery service. Let Personal Touch pick up and deliver from your home or office. Learn more about the service by contacting the Owner Kris Wisnieski at (440) 382-1930 or by email.
- StrollerMama (10% off purchases, excluding sale items) -- a mom-owned baby boutique in Beachwood, Ohio, specializing in upscale strollers, gear and other baby products. Visit the new location at 28001 Chagrin Blvd. (Blockbuster Building), Woodmere, OH 44122, or look online or contact them at email@example.com or 216-831-9577. Show your CMBA membership card or provide the online code SM-CMBA.
- Sunnyside Honda VIP Program (purchase any new vehicle at dealer invoice or less, or save an additional $500 off any pre-owned vehicle) At Sunnyside Honda we pledge to sustain friendly, straight forward and honest relations with our guests; productive, respectful and supportive relations with our associates; and professional, wholesome and contributory relations with the community. See Dave Niksa or click here for full details of the VIP Program.
- Vertical Runner (10% off all regularly priced merchandise excluding sale items and Garmin) -- Vertical Runner is northeast Ohio's premier running and walking specialty store. They carry the latest gear from Adidas, Brooks, Hoka, Keen, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, Pearl Izumi, Saucony, and Vibram just to name a few. They are customer service focused and look forward to exceeding the expectations of all runners/walkers from beginners to advanced.
- Bar Exam University - Powered by Supreme Bar Review - Receive $25 discount off our convenient MBE Workshop (regular price: $99.97), the perfect supplement to any full-service bar review program, use discount code: MBECMBA. This offer valid for CMBA members, friends, and family. Plus, CMBA Student Members qualify for a free 30-day trial membership to Bar Exam University (including video lectures for Torts and MPRE Review). To register, visit: http://barexamuniversity.com/cmba
- Century Federal Credit Union (Free membership is available to all CMBA members. "Great rates, free checking and low or no cost fees!") -- Since 1935 Century Federal Credit Union has been serving as a benefit for Northeast Ohio businesses, federal agencies and associations. A full-service financial institution, offering outstanding rates on all deposit and lending products, Century FCU is here to serve all employees and members of the CMBA. Check out the monthly update and visit the CMBA page of the Member Resources info page on its site to learn about its relationship to the CMBA.