Green Sustainability Award
Nominations are now open for our second Green Sustainability Award. The GIC will bestow this honor each year at its David Webster Greener Way to Work luncheon, this year held on Thursday, September 28.
The award recognizes an individual who:
- demonstrates leadership by promoting efficient energy use and other environmentally responsible practices;
- used a unique approach to green practices; and
- implemented a green technique that is adaptable or adoptable by others.
Recipient need not be a lawyer, but should be a CMBA member or an employee of a CMBA Green Certified firm/office. There may be more than one recipient if candidates are deemed worthy of the honor.
A donation will made to the Cleveland Metropark's Legacy Fund in honor of the recipient. The gift will help to support tree and wildlife plantings throughout the Metroparks.
From 2010-2013 the Green Initiative Committee presented the CMBA Green Innovation Award, which recognized a firm/office that had taken action toward sustainability that goes beyond the requirements for CMBA Green Certification. In 2015, the GIC announced changes to the award and it will recognize its first Green Sustainability Award at the 2016 Greener Way to Work Luncheon.Changes to the award include:
- Changing the name to the Green Sustainability Award
- Award will honor an individual, not a firm
- Recipient can be a lawyer or non-lawyer
- There may be more than one recipient if candidates are deemed worthy of the honor
- Recipient(s) will be a CMBA member or an employee of a CMBA Green Certified firm/office
Past Sustainability Award recipients:
Past Green Innovation Award recipients:
- 2013 - Squire Sanders (US) LLP (view entry)
- 2012 - Squire Sanders (US) LLP (view entry)
- 2011 - Roetzel & Andress, LPA
- 2010 - Tucker Ellis LLP