Green Sustainability Award
The GIC bestows this honor each year at its David Webster Greener Way to Work luncheon.
The award recognizes an individual, firm or organization who:
- demonstrates leadership by promoting efficient energy use and other environmentally responsible practices;
- used a unique approach to green practices; and
- implemented a green technique that is adaptable or adoptable by others.
Recipient need not be a lawyer or Green Certified Firm, but should be a one of the following: (1) a CMBA member, (2) an employee of a CMBA Green Certified firm/office,, or (3) a client, or employee of a client of a CMBA Green Certified Firm. There may be more than one recipient if candidates are deemed worthy of the honor.
A donation will made to the Cleveland Metropark's Legacy Fund in honor of the recipient. The gift will help to support tree and wildlife plantings throughout the Metroparks.
From 2010-2013 the Green Initiative Committee presented the CMBA Green Innovation Award, which recognized a firm/office that had taken action toward sustainability that goes beyond the requirements for CMBA Green Certification. In 2015, the GIC announced changes to the award:
- Changing the name to the Green Sustainability Award
- Award will honor an individual, not a firm
- Recipient can be a lawyer or non-lawyer
- There may be more than one recipient if candidates are deemed worthy of the honor
- Recipient(s) will be a CMBA member or an employee of a CMBA Green Certified firm/office
New this year, in 2019, the GIC announced changes to the award, which will recognize an individual, firm or office that has taken action towards sustainability.
Past Sustainability Award recipients:
Past Green Innovation Award recipients:
- 2013 - Squire Sanders (US) LLP (view entry)
- 2012 - Squire Sanders (US) LLP (view entry)
- 2011 - Roetzel & Andress, LPA
- 2010 - Tucker Ellis LLP